Friday, July 3, 2009

I Need A Vaycay

Well, we've taken Mouth completely off the Risperdal due to his massive weight gain. Now, I don't know how I am going to survive life at home with his behavior. If he was difficult and argumentative before, now he is (no exaggeration) ten times worse. I can't ask him to go to the bathroom before we leave the house without a massive meltdown on both our parts. He constantly tells me no. He constantly defies me and does things to antagonize his brother and myself. I truly feel like all I do is yell and it is getting to be embarrassing to me because I start yelling before I even realize it. And I feel bad for Mouth, because I don't think he likes his behavior anymore than I do. He throws tantrums in stores again and gets louder and louder the more I shush him. I just feel like crying all the time and I am so exhausted. The constant screaming at me wears on me to the point where I want to just give in so he will stop and leave me alone.

I am so tired.

Please pass me the bowl of Xanax.

4 comments:

The Author said...

Have you tried just standing there and staring at him as if you are bored when he throws fits in the store? Like the look you used to give guys who flirted with you? Sometimes that works for my kids.

Beth said...

If he wasn't literally throwing himself on the floor and screaming at the top of his lungs, I would try that. We opted to put him back on the meds. We will just be more diligent in making sure he isn't sedentary so the weight shouldn't be too big an issue. I swear someone in our building was gonna call the cops because he was screaming louder than I EVER have in my life.

The Author said...

Love makes it easier. Look at him while he's asleep and that will strengthen your resolve.

Anonymous said...

its sooo hard...luckily we didnt have to put michael on meds, but i can remember feeling the way you do...i did the love hold...some say its cruel, but it worked for us..

when he would do that kind of thing, i sat on the floor with him, wrapped my arms and legs around him, and kept repeating that it was alright, i love him, hes a good boy, and so on...

he was strong, and it was draining, but he learned to control his temper...ugh, i can remember being so exhausted, physically and emotionally...if you need someone to talk to, im always here