Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Whew!!!

Well, we finally got Mom all moved up here to GR!



WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!



(can ya tell I'm a wee bit glad???)



It didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would, due mainly to the fact that Hubby and his buddy Damon did most of the work and did it quicker than a bunny, I tell ya. All her stuff was loaded onto the truck in around 2 hours or so and unloaded the next day in about 3 1/2 or so. It took longer the second day cuz we were trying to empty boxes as they were brought in (some stuff anyway) so we would have room for the furniture and bigger things. And between you and I? If they ever bomb Grand Rapids, I am hauling ass to Mom's. The woman has enough canned goods in her pantry to feed a family of six for a good three months or so, LOL. And we moved them all. *sigh*

It's going to be great having her closer. I will be able to drop in on her and chit chat, she can come over to my house whenever she wants, and I won't have to rush home after an hour drive or so to make sure I am back in time to make dinner or something. It was hard with the hour each way, and then Booga never got his nap, so he was uber cranky.... this will be much nicer.

Well, it's about nap time, so I am off to toss the kids in bed for naps and have a glass of iced tea and some chocky....

1 comment:

bstoutfamily said...

Wow!! That is fantastic!! I bet you are so so happy to have her close to you all!!! A girl needs to be close to her mom!! :)