Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Would Sweats and a T-Shirt Work????

Okay, so there is a job fair today at our local super-mart-grocery-store place (if you live in Michigan, you know who I refer to. ;D ) and I am heading there to beg for a job after I pick up Hubby from work.

I just realized how much I hate dressing up and my closet shows it. I live in t-shirts and sweats. I have no dress slacks. One skirt and blouse. Two pairs of dress shoes (very much on the casual side-- you know, black with chunky heels) that I can cram my feet into if it is a life or death situation. So, to go to this job fair, I am wearing a nice pair of jeans, a pair of those shoes, and a nice sweater. (I cannot find any pantyhose, though. I may have used them to hang the person who made me wear them last....) I figure if they call me back for an interview, I will go buy some new pantyhose and wear the dressy outfit. (I think the last time I wore it was a funeral....)

My closet is filled with t-shirts, divided into two sections: Lounge shirts and 'Out' shirts. The lounge shirts are ex-'Out' shirts that have been shrunk, grease spattered (I forgot I was wearing an 'out' shirt and proceeded to fry chicken or some such nonsense, or holey). They number in the dozens. Then, I have the few shirts that I wear out. I try desperately to remember to hang them to dry, lest they shrink in the dryer, and change out of them as soon as I am home from somewhere. I have to laugh, because I never go anywhere fancy so when I am able to buy myself clothes, I lean towards t-shirts. (I am all about comfort, ya know) But when I need to go somewhere, like a funeral, job fair, out to eat (other than fast food), or whatever, I curse my choices.

I have two nice sweaters (and two more that I wonder what kind of crack I was smoking when I bought them and have since outgrown, thank goodness) that I like to wear. Once is cotton, in Fall colors with leaves on the front of it and the other is a pretty sageish-forestish green that is 100% merino wool that zips up the front. I love it. It will be a bit warm, I think but that's why God made Degree anti-perspirant, right? So, I think that, jeans, clunky shoes, my hair up, and some make-up should be good.

*sigh*

I hate this crap, LOL.

No comments: