Friday, December 14, 2007

This is the week that never ends....

Yes, it goes on and on my friends....

Remember the show that had Lambchop the puppet and Miss Sheri? I do. And I'll never forget the theme song. I used to drive my mom NUTSO singing it. I think it was called, "The Song That Never Ends." Good times.

Anyway, I only have a quick sec to write before I get Mouth on the bus, so I figured I'd come and regale you with my tales of woe. This has been the week from HELL at work. Long shifts, a lazy day crew, which means never ceasing cleaning at night for us, and guilt trips for not being bamboozled into coming in early.

I showed up Monday to find the owner there, "helping out where needed", which translates to getting all up in my shit and taking over my computer and call box and shoving food out the window before I know what's happening and expecting me to be all grateful for the "help". Sheah. I actually heard him say at on point,"Well, I want YOU on the computer and I'll get the drinks so you can gain more experience and be more efficient." Oh, no you did NOT! So, I gritted my teeth, shoving cash in the till, and ground out, "I can be more efficient BY MYSELF, with no one over my shoulder, thank you very much. I do just fine ON MY OWN." I figured I'd receive a call the next morning saying I needn't come in anymore, but I didn't. Damn.

Last night, we were SLAMMED until exactly 10:50 pm (we close at 11), so no pre-close could be done, meaning we were gonna be there til 2. Well, I gotta be out by 12, so Hubby can go to work. So at 11pm, the lights went out, and I got crackin'. I scurried every where, cleaning, wiping down, and then I got started on the dishes. Ew. There were crazy dishes left from day shift, so, at midnight when I left, there were still tons to do. *shaking head*

Then, there's the availability thing. I say 5:30 to Midnight. They try for 5pm. They try for 1am. Am I speaking Chinese? Mandarin, maybe? NO!

I love my job, I love my job, I love my job.

If I say it enough, will it be true?

No new knitting. Same socks, frogged a bit and redone heel flap, wish I had more time to work on it.

Man, I need a job, where I get paid to sit on my ass and knit. Perfect.

No comments: