Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Long Lost Friend and New Yarn

I am so excited right now. I was finally able to track down the most important person in my high school life. (Oh my gawrsh, I sound like some psycho stalker! Oooh, maybe I am....) My bestest friend (she will be called Carrie, and she will probably roll her eyes and snicker at the reference that only she will understand) and I lost contact mainly through fault that is mine own; that would be laziness regarding emails and IM's and self inflicted isolation due to depression and all sorts of toxic feelings. It kills me that I let our friendship peter off like that when she is one of the most important people to me. Okay, enough mush. We had the best time together in HS (at least I did) in the small burg that was Deming, New Mexico, a.k.a. the Armpit of the Earth. (I hated it) We wrote many, many stories and poems, and ate lots of Salsa Rio Doritos and drank gallons of Mountain Dew. (in case you haven't noticed, I have a memory like an elephant about details like that, however, I cannot tell you what I ate for lunch today or yesterday...) Bleah, enough blabbering on. She's awesome, I've missed her, and I hope to keep our friendship on track this time, LOL.

BTW, her blog is here.

Okay, now I ask, how cool is this: I got in the mail today, a skein of Vickie Howell's Love yarn! I am in love! It's a gorgeous silvery grey and super silky soft. Now I have to figure out what the heck to do with it! The gremlin in my head is shrieking "HOARD IT!!!!! KEEPS IT! TAKES IT OUT AND FONDLE IT ONCE IN A WHILE, BUT KEEPS IT!!!!" Yes the gremlin in my head sounds a bit like Gollum. Go figure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's just yarn. I believe it can be bought at any old store that has a fabric section. At least for me I didn't have to pay for it, so I guess it's a good deal.

Valerie said...

The strongest friendships are those that are rekindled. My best friend and I fell out of touch for a year and once we started chatting again, we haven't stopped for 7 -=giggle=-