Monday, October 29, 2007

I Got Me a Job

Well, it finally happened. I got me a job. Officially. Filled out the tax paperwork and everything. It's kinda funny how it happened. I was driving past this place Friday (the 26th)and there was a sign out front that said "Now Taking Applications". (It's like, literally, two minutes from the apartment) I figured what the hell, stop in and fill one out real quick. Had my first interview and the gal said, "you'll probably hear from me Monday". I thought, "and I'll hold my breath til then."

See here for explanation of this cynicism.

Lo, and behold while I was at the gym this morning, she called! When I got home, Hubby said, "Hey! They called! They want you to call them back." WOO-HOO! Sure enough, she wanted to do a second interview! Holy Crap. So I go down there and she says, "Let's skip the BS, I know I want to hire you. Here, fill out the paperwork and welcome to the team."

Right on.

So, kiddies, yours truly is now a Checkers employee. Yessiree, I am officially a burger-flipper-in-training. I get the cool hat and apron and everything. Smokin'! Man, I'll never get the kids to leave me alone, now. I am going to smell like a french fry. I'll be like the Pied Piper, with a trail of kids following me. "Hey, do you smell that? Mmm, french fries...."

All joking aside, I am immensely relieved to have gotten something finally. It may not be my first choice, but hey, they called when no one else did and we need the dough. So....

Welcome to Checkers! May I take your order?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm extremely proud that you took this job. I know it's not the job you would really want, but it might not be that bad. I'm very relieved, and hope everything will now get better and our stress levels will drop a little bit.

The Author said...

mmmm is that... onion rings I smell? Too bad it's not a sonic you could fill up with Route 44s LOL!!

S. W. Miller said...

You smell kinda yummy, can I lick your face? Now, it's my turn for a job dammit!

S-

SkaterXBoy said...

Hey, I looked for you on facebook and couldn't find ya! Instead I created a space here so I can read/comment your blogs! So here I am!
I must say you picked a great place to work! Sue and I recently discovered the delectable joys of Checkers! If you were in my town, you could make me a bacon burger anytime! Yuuuuum! Anyway, glad to finally be able to keep up with you! let me know what's up with facebook!
love you
SHANE