Thursday, October 25, 2007

Workin' Out....

...and whining about it later!

Well, Hubby and I have finally taken the plunge and joined the local gym. Yay!!! We've been saying for a long while (and several pounds) that we both need to start doing something about our weight and health, seeing as we both want to be here for our boys in the future. So, we went yesterday to sign up and today was my first workout.

Wanna see my muscles? *Rrrrr* There. I flexed for you. What? You couldn't see them? Oh, that's because they're hiding under all the flubber. And they have curled up in tears at the strain I inflicted on them today. You would be proud. Remember weight training? I swear, I heard Coach Gibbs shouting about Lizardheads and taking it on in.... I dunno. Anyhoo, you would be proud cuz I did upper, lower AND cardio. They have wicked cool weight machines at this place. My only problem is I did my workout in reverse. I did upper, then lower and then cardio. By the time I climbed limply onto the elliptical machine, my legs were screaming, "Bitch, you CRAZY!" So, cardio was cut depressingly short by an uncooperative bod. So, tomorrow, I will do cardio first and then weights. If I can get out of bed, that is...

My ass hurts.
My back hurts. (this may be also from actually falling out yesterday. Way crazy dizzy spell, and next thing I know, THWAP! Right on my ass on the linoleum. Scared the crap out of me AND Hubby.)
My quads hurt.

Ooh, but it's a good hurt.

Also in breaking news, my darling, loving, thoughtful, kick-ass Hubby bought me an MP3 player for motivation to work out!!!! I am so excited! I got the software loaded and got it charged, now I just need him to show me how to do the ripping thing for the music. I am not too techno savvy, so I will need help figuring it out. Woo-hoo!

We took Mouth and Booga to the apartment complexes Halloween party tonight, which was kinda fun and kinda lame. The haunted house would have been cool had I not turned into a total horror wuss while preggers with Mouth. I walked through by myself VERY close to a lady that had her kids with her (the monsters didn't jump out and scare to keep the kids *and me* from freaking) and couldn't wait to get out. Man, what the hell?! I used to LOVE this stuff! I can't watch scary movies (the scariest thing I can handle is SAW III) or hear a chainsaw without cowering like a three year old! (and some three year olds might look at me and say, "Grow up, Lady.") Luckily, they didn't have a chainsaw, (I might have wet myself) but they did have a power drill. Gave me chills, but no loss of bladder control. Anyway, Mouth got to have some cheesy poofs and brownies (what a combo!) and then we went on a hayride.

The hayride consisted of a pickup hauling a flat trailer with bails of hay on it. Not bad, really. It was cold, but hey, it is October in Michigan. So far, pretty good. Mouth and Booga were diggin' it. Now, throw in a handful of OBNOXIOUS fifth graders (yes, fifth graders) and it becomes the hayride from Hell. I swear, had I been that rude and obnoxious when I was that age, I would not be writing now, I would be worm food. Well, maybe not, but I would have needed extensive dental work at least. Bridges, caps, full plates, I dunno. Anyway, these were the mouthiest and loudest kids I have ever seen! it made my skin crawl at the thought of my boys turning into that. Nope, no way. Not happening. I felt for they guys that were in charge of the ride cuz you could tell they wanted to tell the kids to take a flying leap, but had to hold their tongue.

Where's a chainsaw wielding maniac when you need one? (oops, I gotta pee...)

2 comments:

The Author said...

Way to go, lizardhead!

S. W. Miller said...

Cheers on your new workout regimen. Jeers on the fact that you are a horror movie WUSS! I just recommended FIDO to your fella, it's cute and not gory and you'd like it... oh, it has zombies. WATCH IT! Bye.
Stew