Saturday, November 3, 2007

Aftershock

Bleah. I, after having a day that sucked from HELL, decided that a few shots (two doubles and three singles) of my beloved Aftershock would make it all better.

And it did.

Until this morning.

Now, mind you, I am not hung-over in the puking my guts out and placing my face on the cool bathroom tile sense, but in the I really wanted to sleep until at least three and have a just shy of skull cracking headache. And I'm crabby. But that's my natural state. Just ask Hubby.

Well, our day that sucked from HELL started with getting up to get Mouth off to school. As I was sitting, enjoying my coffee (while Hubby took Mouth to the bus stop) I kept hearing this sound, like water dripping. So I got up to investigate, and it got louder, like someone peeing! I thought, okay, there's a peeing gnome in my washroom closet.... I opened the door to the closet and there was a HUGE puddle of water in the floor and water streaming from the ceiling, out of the furnace and down the walls.

You can imagine the stream of expletives that left my lips at that moment. I'm just glad Mouth wasn't witness. "My Mommom (that's what he calls me) said @*#%&!!!!! this morning."

We had water dripping all over the kitchen and filling up the light fixture. And I don't mean nice, clean, clear water, I mean rust colored, nasty water. YUCKO!! Anyway, apparently, the people that live above us are never there and their hot water tank burst. Didn't spring a little leak. BURST. So, the two inches of water that was in their kitchen filtered on down to mine. Isn't that just grand?!

Anyway, that got cleaned up (of course any clean up in here is up to us. Bastards.) and when Hubby got home, we had to do the grocery thing.

I hate that store. It always puts me in a foul mood. They never have what I need, except in the giant three pound size that I don't want. Who wants three pounds of navy beans? Not me. All I want is one pound so I can make Mom's Navy Bean soup. (It is so good. Navy beans, smoked ham hocks, onion, YUM! Corn bread on the side... a cold weather fave!!!!!!) No fresh croissants. They'd all been boxed up. In half dozen containers. They get soggy when boxed. I only wanted two. (Bought some anyway. Soggy or not, I wanted some!!) No wipes for the cart. (had to walk down to the other entrance to get one) Crap rang up wrong on the receipt. And...

THERE ARE CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS AND CANDY OUT ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone else see a problem with this? I am in no way a humbug. I LOVE Christmas. I just don't love it on Halloween! We went into the store on Halloween to buy some make up for trick-or-treating and they were putting up Christmas stuff already! And yesterday, the candy was all out along with dishes and tablecloths and stuff.

Come on. The day after Thanksgiving, yes. Halloween? NO. *sigh*

I need some Excedrin.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the blog, thought it was funny. The sleeping till 3pm, never gonna happen unless your puking up intestines, and pooping out your appendix. That's what you get for drinking that stuff. Try another shot right away the next day, might make you feel better.

Valerie said...

I'm sorry you had a bad day. I am also reeeally sorry about the hot water tank. I know the damage that can do, I had one blow up in my ROOM (basement room).

The Author said...

I so experienced that last year but it was at midnight on a Friday night and they didn't fix it until Monday. We got their whole water heater in our hallway, three inches of water!! Best of luck to you!

Anonymous said...

So just curious? Did you have a bad day? And if so, are you slightly bitter about it? It wasn't really clear : )
SHANE

S. W. Miller said...

Say, that sounded fun and/or not! Great times there, lassie! Anyway, who, aside from corner hobos and pretentious skanks, drink Aftershock? Seriously? You do? Sad... Oh, and I am writing my annual blog about Christmas in October tomorrow, so get your ass ready...