Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Da-da-da-DA! It's Window Girl!

Yes, Folks, that's right! It's Window Girl! (That would be me) Taking orders and punching them in at cold molasses speed while over filling your drinks; it's Window Girl! Making sure to give you a sweet smile and incorrect change; it's Window Girl! Wearing the protective adamantium hairnet and groovy hat; it's Window Girl!

No, really, I am Window Girl. That's what I call myself, anyway. That's what job I get to do at Checkers, and I dig it. Truly. I poke fun and everything, but I think I could do okay at this. It's a little daunting at first, having to take orders, punch them in and fill drinks at the same time while listening for more order, but I think once I get in the groove, no prob.

So far, the people are nice. I felt a tad OLD, as the girl that was training me will be nineteen in three weeks. She is really nice; explaining things as many times as I needed. (I had issues with some of the button combinations needed to get the order right)

All in all, definitely do-able.

On to knitting news... nothing new, actually. I've knit a total of four inches of the cuff for the second Berry sock and feel Second Sock Syndrome creeping in. That means, for the non-knitters out there, that I finished one sock of a pair and either have started and fizzled or dread starting its mate. I've started it, and have reached the point of not digging it so much. I think it's just cuz I wasn't feeling 100% today and my hands are achy with the weather change.

Aha! Weather. Michigan weather, to be precise. It is now winter. I have declared it. It was grey, rainy, sleety, and COLD today and I am loving it. Except for the bitter wind that was freezing poor Mouth as we walked in from the parking lot to the grocery store. Poor guy still has the desert thin blood and because he doesn't eat a lot, he's THIN, thus no insulation. Wish I could give him some of my, ahem, insulation. Blubber, whatever.

The wintry weather must have freezer burned part of my brain, though, because I was considering taking down the fall decorations and getting out some of the winter ones. NOT NECESSARILY CHRISTMAS, but winter. Okay, maybe some Christmas.

Sue me.

I'll beat you with my greasy apron.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://eekshop.com
GMC, together leaving its brands,could possibly be the second largest shuttle bus or pickup the maker globally. Latest economic of cheap checks have upset going to be the organization,but bear in mind,involves won't end its background.?Christianity could be the a decision pursued by an all in one plan of action You don?g just join the approach. In other words,all your family don?s just wake completely an day and claim,--?Oh, I?m married. Really, I?ent elem married. It in other words happened.--?It is not very that easy is because it singles? Really easy to educate yourself regarding can use come to understand more about a multi functional stage where I say ??I need to panic about everywhere in the marriage and I understand going to be the implications as part of your strategies after I say ??I have to The same if that's so said with your Christian lifetime.