Sunday, November 4, 2007

Snots and socks

Okay, I am over my bitterness of the rotten day that was Friday. Today wasn't tons better, but at least there was no nasty water to clean up, LOL.

Poor Booga is coming down with a cold. I feel so bad when they are so little and get a boogery nose and stuffy head. It makes it hard to eat, since breathing through your mouth and chewing is hard to do at the same time. (Is that proper grammar? Shane? Do you know? Should that be is hard to do or are hard to do? Ugh. Luna? Anyone? I hate being OCD about grammar and spelling.)

Anyhoo, today was a pretty nondescript Sunday. Knit and finished one sock. I love the yarn. It reminds me of berries. I am not terribly 'puter savvy, so I don't know how to post pics in the middle of my blog yet. As soon as I can, I will post a pic of said sock and also the socks that I finished for my sister. I made a nifty sock blocker out of a wire hanger that I had to nab from the locker room of my gym. (NOT STEALING, it was left on the floor) It's funny, I threw wire hangers away by the fistfuls when we moved a couple years ago, and here I am scrounging to find some! (I always hear Faye Dunaway screaming, "NO WIRE HANGERS, EV-AH!" from Mommie Dearest. Love that flick) Oh, uh, for the non-knitters, a sock blocker is a thingy that you, after hand washing your newly knit sock, slide the still damp sock onto to dry. It is a sock shaped piece of plastic, wood, or in my case, a wire hanger that helps the pattern of your sock stretch a bit and show nicely when giving it as a gift. Not really needed, but I like the way it makes my new sock look. I can show it off better.

Wow, wasn't that fascinating?

How's this for a boring post? Nothing really earth shattering going on the world of me. Not today, anyway.

I start work tomorrow. Kinda nervous. I hate meeting new people. I shouldn't say hate, more like dread. It makes me terribly nervous and almost panicky. I put on a good show, though, and muddle through. Anyway, I work Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday 5:30 to 8:00 pm. It's just training. I'm a bit bummed that I have to work Saturday cuz it's the day we're having Booga's birthday party. It'll be fine though, plenty of time for party and visiting after.

I can't believe my baby is gonna be 1 year old on Thursday.

Where the hell has the time gone?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?

1 comment:

S. W. Miller said...

Um, hello? I AM THE GRAMMAR KING! And, just so you know, you had the correct usage. Yay for you!