Thursday, November 22, 2007

YAY FOR GREENIES!!!!!



Boom, baby! First paycheck (actually got it last Thursday, but have been lazy about posting lately) and loving it! It's gone now, but loved while it lasted, LOL.

Well, I have spent most of my time as of late as Fry Bitch. Yuck. I come home smelling like I did a swan dive into the fryer and my face and hair greasy beyond belief. So, I am up to at least two showers a day on work days. Sometimes three. *sigh* Well, isn't cleanliness close to godliness? We're close. Wow, me and God, man, me and God. We must be tight, with all these showers.

Anyway. My mom broke her foot last Sunday. Falling up my sisters back stairs. She's lucky all she broke was her foot. She's 65, living with leukemia, survived bladder cancer, and has had four heart attacks. This woman wound up in a heap on the stairs, with her leg bent back behind her and sitting on it. All she ended up with was a chipped and cracked bone. I know, that's not nothing, but it's better than what could have happened. A fractured femur, broken hip, another heart attack.... ugh. AND she has a blood clot in her groin. Bloody hell, can't she catch a break (I swear, no pun intended)? I mean, really. This is all she needs. And I really hate having to worry all the time about it breaking loose and travelling somewhere serious like her heart or brain or something. I am a worry wort by nature and this is driving me up the fucking wall. I love my mom dearly and worry about her health constantly.

And in other news, I have completed the Berry socks and have moved onto Christmas washcloths (presents) and another pair of socks. hee hee. I love knitting socks. I like the yarn, I like the needles (I'm using an Addi Turbo circular needle to do Magic Loop) and I like the little bitty stitches.

Well, I should go, cuz Booga keeps trying to wake up.

P.S. Happy Turkey Day!!!!! Gobble Gobble!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I'm sending hugs and get better wishes to your mother!