Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I Got My Game On

Well, it's been a while since my last post, mainly because there hasn't been a ton of stuff happening around here. Booga had his 1st Birthday Party this past Saturday, and it was pretty good. Just my Mom, my sister and her family, and my aunt & uncle came. Small, but cozy. I actually prefer smaller parties, cuz you can visit a bit more than if you're trying to wrangle kids and thirty guests at the same time. We made Booga a mini no-bake cheesecake for his own personal cake to dive into, and ordered a bakery cake for everyone else. Poor guy. Sucks having an egg allergy. But, hey, he didn't seem to mind the least little bit. He ate almost the whole mini cheesecake, finger scoop by finger scoop. :)

Things at Checkers are going well. I had a few moments when I wanted to dunk my head in the fryer and put myself out my misery last week, but things are looking up this week. I've been doing Low-side window (they have a passenger side drive thru that isn't as busy, thus "Low-Side") all by my lonesome and doing fryer during slow times. Got the fryer thing down pat and I was on my game tonight on the window. All in all, a good night. (A whole 2 1/2 hours. Still the training schedule) And payday is Thursday. I love me some dough. Gimme the greenies.

Still not done on the Berry sock. I pick it up, work three rounds and put it down. Maybe I'm burnt out on the pattern. It's the only one that I've made that is big enough for my hippo legs. I started one not too long ago (with the Berry yarn) and did three inches of the cuff before I realized, "Hmmm. This minuscule tube will not even fit over the wide part of my foot, let alone my rhino calf." Rrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiippppppppp.

I hate frogging.

I realize, of course, that I shouldn't give up on the patterns, maybe try them on a larger needle size. I suck at math, so increasing the stitch count is out. Hm. Maybe that's what I'll do with the next pair. I do have a new skein of sock yarn (I bought it months ago) calling me.........


P.S. Hubby has a new blog! Check it out here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear everything is going good at Checkers. I, myself, am a huge fan of the "low-side". There's nothing better than making Sue have to deal with the people when we pull up. Especially since around these parts, people aren't the friendliest!
SHANE

Beth said...

Come down to my Checkers and you shall be greeted with the sincerest smile and enough "please and thank-you's" to gag you, all delivered by yours truly! :D :D :D